Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TIBBERTON

TIBBERTON, a chapelry in Edgmond parish, Salop; 4½ miles W NW of Newport r. station. Post town, Edgmond, under Newport, Salop. Pop., 538. Houses, 106. The property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £100.* Patron, the Rev. J. D. Corbet. The church was rebuilt in 1842. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel and a national school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Edgmond CP/AP       Tibberton Tn/Ch/CP       Shropshire AncC
Place: Tibberton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.