Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for TINTERN-PARVA

TINTERN-PARVA, a parish, with a village, in Chepstow district, Monmouth; on the river Wye, 4½ miles N of Chepstow r. station. Post town, Tintern-Abbey, under Chepstow. Acres, 827. Real property, £1,202. Pop., 335. Houses, 79. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £162. Patron, the Rev. R. V. Hughes. The church includes some Norman fragments, but has been defaced by modern alterations.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish, with a village"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: Tintern CP/AP       Chepstow PLU/RegD       Monmouthshire AncC
Place: Tintern

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.