Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for ASHBY-MEARS, or Mears-Ashby

ASHBY-MEARS, or Mears-Ashby, a parish in Wellingborough district, Northampton; 3 miles N by W of Castle-Ashby r. station, and 3½ WSW of Wellingborough. Post Town, Wilby, under Northampton. Acres, 1,890. Real property, £3,220. Pop., 525. Houses, 117. A.-M. Hall is the seat of H. M. Stockdale, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £235. Patrons, Trustees. The church was restored in 1858. There are two dissenting chapels and an endowed school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a parish"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Mears Ashby CP/AP       Wellingborough PLU/RegD       Northamptonshire AncC
Place names: ASHBY MEARS     |     ASHBY MEARS OR MEARS ASHBY     |     MEARS ASHBY
Place: Mears Ashby

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.