Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for CHURCH-ASTON

CHURCH-ASTON, a chapelry in Edgmond parish, Salop; 1 mile S of Newport. Real property, £. 3, 372. Pop., 574. Houses, 123. The living is a rectory. Value, £145.* The church was rebuilt in 1867.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Church Aston Ch/CP       Edgmond CP/AP       Shropshire AncC
Place: Church Aston

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.