Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for DEDWORTH

DEDWORTH, a hamlet in New Windsor parish, Berks; 1½ mile W by S of Windsor. Acres, 347. Real property, £1, 335. Pop., 195. Houses, 40. A memorial church, in the decorated English style, was erected here in 1863, by the widower and children of Mrs. Tudor.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a hamlet"   (ADL Feature Type: "populated places")
Administrative units: New Windsor CP/AP       Berkshire AncC
Place: Dedworth

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.