Descriptive Gazetteer Entry for EARLS-HEATON

EARLS-HEATON, a chapelry in Dewsbury parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Calder, 1 mile ESE of Dewsbury r. station. It has a post office under Dewsbury, Pop., 4, 019. Houses, 837. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Ripon. Value, £164.* Patron, the Vicar of Dewsbury. The church was built in 1827. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.


(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))

Linked entities:
Feature Description: "a chapelry"   (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")
Administrative units: Dewsbury CP/AP/Tn       Yorkshire AncC
Place: Earlsheaton

Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.